|School||Canberra Islamic School (CIS)|
|Contact Person||Sumaiya Quasim (Principal)|
|Postal Address||130 Empire Circuit,
Yarralumla, Canberra, ACT 2600
|Schooling Hours||10:00am – 1:15pm Sundays|
|Venue||Canberra Mosque, 130 Empire Cct, Yarralumla, ACT|
|Tuition Fee||Per year: $100 for first child, $50 each for 2nd and 3rd children, free for any more|
|History||Canberra Islamic School (CIS) has been successfully running in Canberra since 1974, Alhamdullilah, through the cooperation of the Muslim community of Canberra.
The classes are held every Sunday during the ACT school term between 10AM -1:15 AM at the Canberra Masjid in Yarralumla, a suburb of Canberra, the capital of Australia.
The Masjid grounds include a playground for children for use during the breaks.
The Canberra Islamic School operates on Sundays from 10am to 1pm at the Canberra Mosque, 130 Empire Circuit, Yarralumla, A.C.T. The objectives of the school are to cater for the religious and linguistic needs of the Muslim children in the Canberra region. To provide:
* a social setting to meet other Muslim children of their age group
* understanding that humanity is One, Allah is One and the same God for all mankind Muslim and non-Muslim
* a means to learn a little about Islam and develop the urge to learn more (independently)The enrolment at the School is open to all children aged between 5 and 18 years irrespective of their religious, cultural, language or race backgrounds. The number of students who have enrolled at the CIS since inception has increased from 20 students in 1981 to over 200 in 2017; more than 50% of them are female. Currently the school has students from a large number of cultural groups originating from African, Asian and European countries which reflects the multicultural diversity of the ACT and Australian society.
|Other Information||The minimum age for enrolment is 5 years. Enrolments are open for the first two weeks of each term – subject to vacancies.|
Highlights of September/October
- Board Meeting – Wed 4th Sept 2019
- Celebrating Filipino Language – Sat 7th Sept 2019
- Board Meeting – Tue & Wed 24th & 25th Sept 2019
- National Community Language Schools Conference 2019 – Sat 5th Oct 2019
September 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30